“Martyn is a gongtastic gong master! I’ve been gonged in a cave, in a hammock and plain and simple on a mat. His playing is magical and hypnotic, his energy resonates calmness, sending soothing ripples of peace and love throughout the room. He is gentle, kind, patient and loves to share the experience with you and answer questions over a cup of herbal tea.
Each time has taken me on a different journey- I’ve cried until I couldn’t see the road on the drive home, I’ve laughed as though I was a little girl who’d eaten too many sweets and just been tickled. I’ve been swimming underwater and flying up in space. The gongs take me on an adventure out of my body or deeper into myself. I’ve seen colours swirl behind my eyes and I’ve felt my aura expand until it might burst into a billion stars and shower the room!
There might not be any water at a gong spa but it’s like being a baby having a bubble bath and then wrapped in a fluffy blanket and cuddled while a lullaby plays you to sweetly sleep.. Bliss 🙂 Thanks Martyn”, R.
Upcoming Public Group Gong Baths
Please be sure to read the description of the session carefully before booking and ask me if there’s anything you need to know. Magnapass will send you confirmation of your booking by email (check your spam folder or contact me if you don’t receive it) including a link to the Meeting and your Passcode.
"The Gong Spas that Martyn deliver are incredibly powerful, and transformative. He has a fantastic calming presence, and his musical creativity is healing and restorative." M, Chorlton
New! Meditation Tapes Subscription.
Frequent uploads of Meditation Tapes to guide you into awareness beyond thought (with optional backdrop of gentle gong sounds). Many people also use these tapes as an aid to getting to sleep 🙂
Note: After clicking the orange button above, a freebie trial meditation is available under the ‘Gongs and Meditation’ tab. If you cannot see it, please let me know. xx
My name is Martyn Cawthorne and I’m a very experienced, deeply committed gong practitioner/sound healer. I graduated from the College Of Sound Healing (a one year training course) and I’m fully insured. I’ve been playing various instruments for over 30 years, and practicing meditation for as long. I live in Trafford, where it meets Chorlton and Whalley Range and offer Gong Spas in various forms all over the Manchester and Cheshire area.
If you’re interested in a private gong bath, contact me directly on 07850 955810 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks 🙂 x
A Gong Spa, or Gong Bath can be………
- A moment in your life that is yours and yours alone
- An entirely unique, physical experience of sound and vibration in your whole body
- An incomparable, personal journey that is beyond words or description
- A timeless space in which physical, mental, emotional and spiritual blockages are worked upon
- An invitation to open up and remember who you are, here and now
- An opportunity to just ‘be’
What to expect (the practicalities)…..
- In a one-to-one gong bath we will meet and have a short conversation about how you are and your reason for coming (could be anything from ‘just for the experience’ to something much more direct and personal)…..
- I will give you a basic overview of the sounds you might hear
- You can have some water to help flush away any toxins that might be cleared during the session
- You’ll get into the most comfortable position for you (laying down on a comfortable mat is usual but not essential)
- I’ll play the gongs and other instruments for around 45 minutes, with a 5 minute silence at the end to allow the session to come to a natural end
- At the end of the session there’s time for a chat and a cup of jasmine tea or glass of water 🙂