"The Gong Spas that Martyn deliver are incredibly powerful, and transformative. He has a fantastic calming presence, and his musical creativity is healing and restorative." M, Chorlton
Hi. Please note: In the name of taking care of each other and the NHS, all of my public Gong Spa events for at least the next two weeks will be cancelled. I’ll be keeping a close eye on changes and will be up and running again as soon as it’s safe and wise to do so. Thank you for your understanding. Take care of yourselves and each other. All the best. Martyn x
My name is Martyn Cawthorne and I’m a fully qualified and deeply committed gong practitioner/sound healer and I graduated from the College Of Sound Healing (the full one year training course). I’ve been playing various instruments for over 25 years, and practicing meditation for as long. I live in Trafford, where it meets Chorlton and Whalley Range and offer Gong Spas in various forms all over the Manchester and Cheshire area.
If you’re interested in a private gong bath, contact me directly on 07850 955810 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks 🙂 x
Click here to sign up for monthly Gong Spa updates
Here are the Public Group Gong dates for the next month or two:
Click here to go straight to the bookings page for purchasing tickets.
- CANCELLED – 20th March (Friday) 7:30-8:30pm, Hale Yoga, Hale, 1st floor, £13, see map,
- CANCELLED – 22nd March (Sunday) 8-9pm, One Yoga, Chorlton, £10, ground floor, see map,
- CANCELLED – 24th March (Tuesday) 1:30-2:30pm, St. Werburgh’s Church Upper Hall, Chorlton, 1st floor, £10, see map,
- CANCELLED – 25th March (Wednesday) 8:15-9:15pm, Signol Community Centre, Romiley, ground floor, £12, see map,
- 28th March (Saturday), QiGong with Gong Spa, Bury, £45, see map, Buy Tickets through The Chakra Room
- 11th April (Saturday) 6.30-7.30pm, One Yoga, Chorlton, £10, ground floor, see map, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 16th April (Thursday) 7.00-8.00pm, Blissland, Congleton, £15, ground floor, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 17th April (Friday) 7:00pm-8:00pm, Yew Tree Holistics, Alderley Edge, ground floor, £15, see map, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 17th April (Friday) 8:30pm-9:30pm, Yew Tree Holistics, Alderley Edge, ground floor, £15, see map,see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 18th April (Saturday) 7-8pm, The Owl and The Coconut, Levenshulme, £12, ground floor, see map, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 18th April (Saturday) 8.30-9.30pm, The Owl and The Coconut, Levenshulme, £12, ground floor, see map, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 19th April (Sunday) 7:00-8:30pm, Body Barre, Northern Quarter, Manchester, 2nd floor, £15 hammocks/£12 floor mats, see map, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 10th May (Sunday) 7:00-8:30pm, Body Barre, Northern Quarter, Manchester, 2nd floor, £15 hammocks/£12 floor mats, see map, see Facebook Events Page, BUY TICKETS
- 14th May (Wednesday) 7-8pm, Upward Frog Yoga, Stockport, £14, ground floor, see map, see Facebook Events, Page, Buy tickets through Upward Frog Yoga
Please note: I cannot give refunds but if you’d like to give your space to a friend, please just let me know their name before the event. Thanks very much.
Unless otherwise mentioned, I bring mats, blankets, pillows and eye pillows, but you’re welcome to bring your own to double up, for comfort or warmth.
I look forward to meeting you. 🙂
A Gong Spa, or Gong Bath can be………
- A moment in your life that is yours and yours alone
- An entirely unique, physical experience of sound and vibration in your whole body
- An incomparable, personal journey that is beyond words or description
- A timeless space in which physical, mental, emotional and spiritual blockages are worked upon
- An invitation to open up and remember who you are, here and now
- An opportunity to just ‘be’
What to expect (the practicalities)…..
- In a one-to-one gong bath we will meet and have a short conversation about your reason for coming (could be anything from ‘just for the experience’ to something much more direct and personal)…..
- I will give you a basic overview of the sounds you might hear
- You can have some water to help flush away any toxins that might be cleared during the session
- You’ll get into the most comfortable position for you (laying down on a comfortable mat is usual but not essential)
- I’ll play the gongs and other instruments for around 45 minutes, with a 5 minute silence at the end to allow the session to come to a natural end
- At the end of the session there’s time for a chat and a cup of jasmine tea or glass of water 🙂
Take a peek at my video “Streams of Consciousness”
Have a listen to my album… 🙂