"The Gong Spas that Martyn deliver are incredibly powerful, and transformative. He has a fantastic calming presence, and his musical creativity is healing and restorative." M, Chorlton
My name is Martyn Cawthorne and I’m a fully qualified and deeply committed gong practitioner/sound healer and I graduated from the College Of Sound Healing (the full one year training course). I’ve been playing various instruments for over 25 years, and practicing meditation for as long. I live in Trafford, where it meets Chorlton and Whalley Range and offer Gong Spas in various forms all over the Manchester and Cheshire area.
Make space in your life for gongs and they will make space in your life for you.
Click here to sign up for monthly Gong Spa updates
Special Event – 21st April, Deep Bliss Day Retreat 3, Blissland, Congleton, £60/£70, see map, see Facebook event
Here are the public Group Gong dates for the next month or two:
- SOLD OUT 25th March (Sunday) 8-9pm, One Yoga Studios, Chorlton, £9, see map, see Facebook event
- 7th April (Saturday), 7-9pm (2 hours!), Charnock Farm above Royal Exchange Theatre (4th floor), Manchester City Centre, £25, see map, see Facebook Event for instructions on finding and entering the venue.
- SOLD OUT 8th April (Sunday), 7:00-8:30pm, Body Barre, Northern Quarter, Manchester, 2nd floor, £15 hammocks/£12 floor mats, see map, see Facebook event
- SPECIAL EVENT – 14th April (Saturday), 1-3pm, The Mines in Alderley Edge, £20, see map, see Facebook event for info and instructions (or email me if you don’t use Facebook)
- 15th April (Sunday) 8-9pm, One Yoga Studios, Chorlton, £9, see map,
- SOLD OUT 16th April (Monday), 8-9pm, The Ki Retreat, Eccles, 2nd floor, £12 (£10 concessions), see map, See Facebook event
- 17th April (Tuesday), 1:30-2:30pm, St. Werburgh’s Upper Church Hall (up stairs), Chorlton, £10, see map, see Facebook event
- 20th April (Friday), 7:30-8:30pm, Hale Yoga, Hale, (1st floor), £13, see map, see Facebook event. Please be sure to go to the correct venue!
- SPECIAL EVENT – 21st April, Deep Bliss Day Retreat 3, Blissland, Congleton, £60/£70, see map, see Facebook event
- 23rd April (Monday), 7-8pm, Yew Tree Holistics, Alderley Edge, first floor, £15, see map, see Facebook event
- 29th April (Sunday), 2:30-4:30pm, Breathwork and Gongs, St. Clement’s Church, Chorlton, 2nd floor, £25, see map , see Facebook event
- 29th April (Sunday), 7:00-8:30pm, Body Barre, Northern Quarter, Manchester, 2nd floor, £15 hammocks/£12 floor mats, see map, see Facebook event
- 4th May (Friday), 8:00-9:00pm, Monton, Transcend Therapies, 2nd floor, £12, see map, see Facebook event
- 10th May (Thursday), 6:30-7:30pm and/or 8:30-9:30pm The Ki Retreat, Eccles, 2nd floor, £12 (£10 concessions), see map, see Facebook event
….and here are the “Breathing, Striking, Being” meditation groups (6 people max) from 10:30-12:00 most Wednesday and Friday mornings, and 7:00-8:30pm most Thursday evenings for £10 per person. After a cup of green tea and a conversation about meditation related topic, you each sit in front of a gong and, as part of a particular breathing pattern, you strike the gong in rhythm with the breath, enhancing your awareness and deepening your resonance with wave after wave of vibrations for 45 minutes. We then have another cup of tea and share a little before the session ends. The meditation groups are in my gong room at home (please call/email for the address and to reserve a place. Tel 07850 955810. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming dates for the “Breathing, Striking, Being” meditation groups:
- March 9th (Friday), 10:30am – 12:00 noon, the Gong Room, Chorlton
- March 21st (Wednesday), 10:30am – 12:00 noon, the Gong Room, Chorlton
- March 22nd (THURSDAY EVENING!) 7PM-8:30, the Gong Room, Chorlton
- March 23rd (Friday), 10:30am – 12:00 noon, the Gong Room, Chorlton
- March 28th (Wednesday), 10:30am – 12:00 noon, the Gong Room, Chorlton
OK, back to gong baths….. 🙂
A Gong Spa, or Gong Bath can be………
- A moment in your life that is yours and yours alone
- An entirely unique, physical experience of sound and vibration in your whole body
- An incomparable, personal journey that is beyond words or description
- A timeless space in which physical, mental, emotional and spiritual blockages are worked upon
- An invitation to open up and remember who you are, here and now
- An opportunity to just ‘be’
What to expect (the practicalities)…..
- In a one-to-one gong bath we will meet and have a short conversation about your reason for coming (could be anything from ‘just for the experience’ to something much more direct and personal)…..
- I will give you a basic overview of the sounds you might hear
- You can have some water to help flush away any toxins that might be cleared during the session
- You’ll get into the most comfortable position for you (laying down on a comfortable mat is usual but not essential)
- I’ll play the gongs and other instruments for around 45 minutes, with a 5 minute silence at the end to allow the session to come to a natural end
- At the end of the session there’s time for a chat and a cup of jasmine tea or glass of water 🙂
Take a peek at my video “Streams of Consciousness”
Have a listen to my album… 🙂