"The Gong Spas that Martyn deliver are incredibly powerful, and transformative. He has a fantastic calming presence, and his musical creativity is healing and restorative." M, Chorlton
My name is Martyn Cawthorne and I’m a fully qualified and deeply committed gong practitioner/sound healer and I graduated from the College Of Sound Healing (the full one year training course). I’ve been playing various instruments for around 25 years, and practicing meditation for as long. I live in Trafford, where it meets Chorlton and Whalley Range and offer gong baths and gong showers in various forms all over the Manchester and Cheshire area.
Make space in your life for gongs and they will make space in your life for you.
Come find me if you’re at any of these festivals in 2017…
Here are the Group Gong dates for the next month or two:
- 7-9th July (Friday-Sunday) Blue Dot Festival, Jodrell Bank, see website
- 11th July (Tuesday) 1:30-2:30pm, St. Werburgh’s Upper Church Hall, Chorlton, see map, £10, see Facebook event
- 23rd July (Sunday) 8-9pm, One Yoga Studios, Chorlton, £9, see map, see Facebook event
- 24th July (Monday) 7:15-8:30pm, The Yard, Alderley edge £12 see map, see Facebook event
- 27-30th July (Thursday-Sunday) Kendal Calling, Lowther Deer Park, see website
- 3-5th August (Thursday-Saturday) Belladrum Tartan Hearts Festival, Beauly, see website
- 8th August (Tuesday), 7:00-8:30pm, Breathing Striking Being Meditation in my gong room in Chorlton, £10, see Facebook event (note: this NOT the same as a gong bath)
- SOLD OUT 13th August (Sunday) Body Barre (with hammocks), Manchester City Centre (Northern Quarter), hammocks £15, floor spaces £12, see map (2nd floor), see Facebook event
- 15th August (Tuesday) 1:30-2:30pm, St. Werburgh’s Upper Church Hall, Chorlton, see map, see Facebook event, £10.
- 20th August (Sunday) 8-9pm, One Yoga Studios, Chorlton, £9, see map, see Facebook event
- 21st August (Monday) 7:15pm, The Yard, Alderley edge £12 see map, see Facebook event
- 25th August (Friday) 7:30-8:30pm, Hale Yoga, Hale, (1st floor), £12, see map, see Facebook event
- 26th-27th August (Sat and Sun), Moovin Festival, Etherow Country Park see website
- 1st-3rd September (Fri-Sun), All Roots Yoga Festival, Pembrokeshire, see website
- 7th-10th September (Thurs-Sun), Bestival, Dorset, see website
I’m also running “Breathing, Striking, Being” meditation groups (6 people max) from 10:30-12:00 every Wednesday and Friday morning for £10 per person. After a cup of green tea and a conversation about meditation related topic, you each sit in front of a gong and, as part of a particular breathing pattern, you strike the gong in rhythm with the breath, enhancing your awareness and deepening your resonance with wave after wave of vibrations for 45 minutes. We then have another cup of tea and share a little before the session ends. The meditation groups are in my gong room at home (please call/email for the address and to reserve a place. Tel 07850 955810. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
August’s dates for the “Breathing, Striking, Being” meditation groups will be as follows:
- August 9th (Wednesday), 10:30am – 12:00 noon, the Gong Room, Chorlton
- August 30th (Wednesday), 10:30am – 12:00 noon, the Gong Room, Chorlton
OK, back to gong baths….. 🙂
A Gong Spa, or Gong Bath can be………
- A moment in your life that is yours and yours alone
- An entirely unique, physical experience of sound and vibration in your whole body
- An incomparable, personal journey that is beyond words or description
- A timeless space in which physical, mental, emotional and spiritual blockages are worked upon
- An invitation to open up and remember who you are, here and now
- An opportunity to just ‘be’
What to expect (the practicalities)…..
- In a one-to-one gong bath we will meet and have a short conversation about your reason for coming (could be anything from ‘just for the experience’ to something much more direct and personal)…..
- I will give you a basic overview of the sounds you might hear
- You can have some water to help flush away any toxins that might be cleared during the session
- You’ll get into the most comfortable position for you (laying down on a comfortable mat is usual but not essential)
- I’ll play the gongs and other instruments for around 45 minutes, with a 5 minute silence at the end to allow the session to come to a natural end
- At the end of the session there’s time for a chat and a cup of jasmine tea or glass of water 🙂
Have a listen to my new album… 🙂